Statement Of Impartiality
Aicert is committed to impartiality in carrying out management systems auditing and certification activities.
To this effect, Aicert shall not provide certification if its relationship with client organization poses an unacceptable threat to impartiality. Aicert shall take action to respond to any threats to its impartiality arising from the actions of other persons, bodies or organizations.
To ensure impartiality, Aicert shall not:
- Certify another certification body for its management system certification activities.
- Offer or provide management system consultancy.
- Certify a management system on which a client has received management system consultancy or internal audits, where the relationship between the consultancy organization and Aicert poses an unacceptable threat to the impartiality of the certification body.
- Conduct Internal audit of clients certified by Aicert
- Be marketed or offered as linked with the activities of an organization that provides management system consultancy
- Outsource audits to management system consultancy organizations
- Assign individuals including those in managerial capacity to audit or certification activities of those management system where they have provided management system consultancy within 2 years
The following points further elaborate the impartiality policy of Aicert:
- Aicert shall not state or imply that certification would be simpler, easier, faster or less expensive.
- Aicert or its employees shall not interfere or participate in decision process of management system issues.
- Aicert & its employees shall not participate in preparation and procurement of manuals, guides, Formats and procedures.
- Aicert shall not provide specific and detailed advice or training on design, implementation and maintenance of management systems subject to certification.
- There shall be no pressure of any kind (Financial, Trade, Administrative, Competitive, Moral and other) over Aicert and the personnel regarding the execution of its obligations as a Certification Body.
- When certain relations create unacceptable impartiality threat, then the certification shall not be conducted.
- When potential impartiality threat arises Aicert eliminates it or decreases it. This process is also controlled by the impartiality committee by holding a meeting at regular intervals.
- Aicert shall not allow any pressure from other certification bodies to influence the certification process in the organization. If other certification body declines to provide service for client and the client requests the same service form Aicert than Aicert shall investigate the reasons for declining, before performing any other certification activities for the respective client.
- Aicert shall not allow pressure from clients and/or consultancy organizations.